I found that upgrading to Genesis 2.0.0 broke one of my sites. One of the sites wasnt affected, while another was. I tried removing the version of the genesis/ folder inside studiopress after the upgrade was downloaded, and then copying over the new genesis/ folder into studiopress/
rm -rf themes/studiopress/genesis mv themes/genesis themes/studiopress/
Here, themes/genesis was the newly downloaded version.
That still broke the site. The only way out was to do the following.
Retaining 1.9.2, Clck on “Upgrade now”
When you get prompted for “Click here to complete the upgrade”, instead of proceeding, go to the shell and do the following:
cp -a themes/genesis themes/studiopress/
In effect, overwriting the old one, retaining the main copy in themes.
Edit: Something was amiss with the old studiopress vs the new one. Activating studiopress still broke my site. Finally I had to activate another studiopress theme. I’ll have to get to the root of this later.
Joel G Mathew, known in tech circles by the pseudonym Droidzone, is an opensource and programming enthusiast.
His favorite pastime is grappling with GNU compilers, discovering newer Linux secrets, writing scripts, hacking roms, and programs (nothing illegal), reading, blogging. and testing out the latest gadgets.
When away from the tech world, Dr Joel G. Mathew is a practising ENT Surgeon, busy with surgeries and clinical practise.